Topics: Career, Leadership, Team-Building, Professional Development
Areas: California; National, International
Titles: Speaker, Corporate Trainer, Author, Career Coach
Are your employees devoted to your company’s success? In her fun, enlightening presentation, Karen Dennison helps you get the most from your employees by helping them get the most from their careers. A popular corporate trainer, speaker and author, Karen is a recognized authority on employee engagement and corporate success. “When employees understand what the rules are for getting ahead and companies have the foresight to recognize skills that can benefit them, then attrition, morale, productivity, intergenerational miscommunication and attracting more talent are no longer concerns.”
Over the last 35 years, Karen has worked with people in more than half of the Fortune 50 companies and trained hundreds of employees in their journey to a successful career. Using real-life examples of what works and what doesn’t, she trains corporate executives to hire and retain the best employees as well as showing employees why working for a company’s success is in their best interest. Whether your audience is executives and team leaders looking to develop the best talent within your organization or employees wanting to advance their careers, Karen provides clear, actionable steps to success.
You’ll learn how to:
- Help your employees see why it’s in their best interest to help your company succeed
- Show your employees that business and company profit benefits them
- Make the most of your intergenerational workforce
- Construct your own self-determination pyramid for career success
- Gage where your employees fall on the money/prestige/hours scale
Employees leave Karen’s inspiring presentation with newfound confidence in their control over their career, knowing how to map out and strategize their career path. They’ll be able to better deal with the challenges of relationship building between the generations in the workplace and find happiness and satisfaction in their work. “Finding happiness and satisfaction in your current position and being excellent at what you do creates the foundation for future advancement,” says Karen, “and demonstrates your ability to be promoted.”
- Karen Dennison has coached and trained over 450 employees in their journey to a successful career.
- She has consulted, coached and trained executives in over 30% of the 2016 Fortune 100 companies.
- Karen won her first speaking award at the age of 13.
- Conferences, Conventions, Trade Shows
- Expos, Fairs, Retreats
- Corporations, Non-Profits
- Events of all types
- CEOs, Executive Managers, HR Professionals
- Team Leaders, Sales Reps
- Business & Civic Groups
- Baby Boomers, Millennials
- Attorneys, Financial Planners, Investors
- Military, Police, Firefighters, Paramedics
- Emergency Preparedness, Risk Management
- Parents, Educators
- Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Small Offices
- Tech/Electronics Specialists & Hobbyists
- Travel Companies, Cruise Lines
- Therapists, Psychologists, Counselors and Coaches
- Women’s Groups, Career Women
- Political & Historical Groups/Associations
- Churches, Synagogues, Religious Groups
- Christian Groups
- Libraries, Museums
- Hospitality Organizations, Restaurant Associations
- Health Care Groups, Hospitals, Medical Offices
- Health Workers, Healers, Caretakers, Cancer Survivors
- Nursing Programs, Medical Centers
- Health Spas, Fitness Centers
- Realtors, Real Estate Associations, Property Owners
- Rehab Centers, Recovery Support Groups
Offered as keynotes, breakouts, seminars or workshops, retreats, trainings and webinars. Karen Dennison is also available as a panel guest or moderator.
Climbing the Corporate Ladder Your Way
Whether you just need an attitude adjustment or a complete blueprint for career advancement, Karen offers strategies for getting you that next promotion. Corporations are looking for employees with discipline, wisdom and vision. They are begging for you to step up and take greater responsibility in your job, and Karen will teach you how.
During this presentation, you will learn:
- A little bit of extra effort leads to huge advancement
- Simple strategies to make management love you
- How to change your perspective to be happier and more fulfilled at work
You can’t do what you want to do until you prove that you can do what they want you to do. Don’t be stuck in the stereotype of what “they” think your career path should be. Karen will show you how to design a career path that highlights your gifts and talents.
Out of the 7 billion people on this earth, nobody else can offer your unique set of experiences, talents, interests and perspectives. In this empowering talk you’ll gain the confidence to offer your best in the workplace instead of just trying to “fit in.”
Making Multi-Generations Work in the Workplace
Are you stuck working with people of different generations who don’t understand you? Had enough of the infighting, backstabbing and nonexistent teamwork? Is it frustrating because the lack of cooperation or skills causes extra work for everyone, adding to bad morale? Maybe you’ve tried to communicate, but nothing you do ever works.
Even though a multi-generational workforce is a fact of life, it’s possible for employees of any age to help each other sharpen their skills, create a happier, more productive environment and even climb the corporate ladder (without jealousy or fear). In this fun presentation you will learn how to turn your workplace into a culture where all employees appreciate each other’s skills and contributions.
- The 6 living generations – their fears, their unique experiences
- How working together helps you get further ahead
- The 6 secrets of getting generations to work well together
- The impact of technology on the generations and how to use it to your advantage
- How to foster cooperation between the generations
You’ll leave this powerful presentation feeling better about your job and better about the people you work with.
Meet Karen Dennison…
Prior to launching her speaking career, Karen Dennison was a career coach and employment consultant for staff at Macy’s, Fedex, Hilton, Volkswagen, Toyota, HP, J.P. Morgan Chase, Boeing, Bank of America, KPMG and Aetna (among others).
Developing an online marketing agency, Karen broadened her toolbox to include the latest technologies in her career coaching.
- Helping companies get the most from their employees by helping employees get the most from their careers
- Mapping out and strategizing career paths
- Dealing with the challenges of relationship building between the generations in the workplace
- Finding happiness and satisfaction in your work
When not helping her clients develop their best resource (their employees), Karen is focusing on her family, her quilting or UCLA sports. Her family is always the most important and includes husband Bob, four kids, four kids-in-law and nine grandchildren. And there is nothing she loves more than huge, loud family get-togethers.
An internationally known quilt artist, Karen loves working at her machines. But, even more, she loves helping other budding artists find their voices. “As a metaphor, quilting gives us an opportunity to express individual ability and share our gifts to make the world a better, warmer place.”
Bob and Karen met in the dorms at UCLA, and their first date was a UCLA basketball game coached by the inimitable John Wooden. His teaching has always been a formational inspiration to Karen. She tries to live up to the ideals of doing your very best in everything.
“All of the above is even more fun with a little bit of Russian River wine and some very dark chocolate,” says Karen, adding “Life is good.”
What people are saying…
“Karen is a great speaker. She communicates incredible ideas about the highest possibilities in each individual. She tells great stories that are easy to relate to and that change the listeners’ recognition of their own potential.”
– Kathy de Leon, Executive Vice President, Playersoft Technologies
“Karen was given one half hour to speak and during that time she stayed on her topic, presented it in an easy to understand way, and definitely made her point about online marketing. She also left us with a list of social media platforms that potential customers frequent and also a list of reputation sites. Karen could contribute to any group looking to increase their business and learn some helpful strategies in social media.”
– Mimi Spencer, Program, American Business Women
“I absolutely loved hearing Karen speak. She has such an incredible passion for what she does and was able to get her message across clearly in a way that I was able to understand and take action immediately. I’m looking forward to hearing her again!”
– Tara Truax, Business Trainer, International Speaker and Author
“Karen is one of the best speakers I know. She helps people become positive and learn how to overcome obstacles. Organizations relate to and make changes because of her.”
– Jack Zufelt, Mentor to Millions author of the #1 best-selling book, The DNA of Success